Enduro trifecta: light, stiff, and strong.
Built from the ground up for the needs of aggressive riding disciplines, the Mercury X3 Enduro 27.5in Boost Wheelset strikes the sweet spot for enduro and all-mountain riders seeking a do-it-all wheelset that's relatively lightweight, reliably strong, and stiff, but without the bankroll-draining price that comes with premium carbon hoops. The X3 Enduro Wheelset is updated for 2018 with a lower profile design that's more responsive than ever, plus a 30-millimeter internal width that optimally supports tires from 2.2 up to 2.8 inches in width.
The X3 Enduro Wheelset is pleasingly stiff for a set of alloy hoops, thanks to its two-cross lacing pattern, plus the improved bracing angle inherent to wheels built with Boost spacing in mind. The two-cross lacing pattern does offer a bit of vertical compliance, which is designed to smooth out the ride feel over especially rough terrain, but without sacrificing precision in steering or tracking on the trail.
Mercury laser welds the X3 Enduro to ensure a consistent, seamless rim that's well-balanced and without irregularities. The pronounced bead socket and flat rim bed allow you to easily set-up tubeless tires without excessive effort on your part. They're finished with Mercury's branded MTB Disc hub with sealed cartridge bearings for longevity, even in sloppy conditions. 28 Sapim Race double-butted spokes and Sapim brass nipples ensure a reliable, strong wheelset, but without the excessive weight of burlier wheels with 32 spokes.
- Mercury's signature alloy wheels for all-mountain and enduro
- Redesigned with a lower profile shape for responsiveness
- Alloy balances the needs of reliable strength with low weight
- 30mm internal width supports 2.2 up to massive 2.8-inch tires
- Two-cross lacing pattern and Boost hub spacing for stiffness
- Mercury's branded MTB Disc hub with sealed cartridge bearings
- Pronounced bead socket and flat rim bed for tubeless set-up