The Mercury S5 Disc Wheels strike a fine balance between a lightweight climbing wheel and a purely aero wheel, featuring a slightly shallower 50mm rim depth that's just as happy grinding up a mountain pass as it is sprinting along flat tarmac and gently sloping roads.
The S5's construction uses Mercury's Dual Carbon Layer Process, or DLP. DLP blends high and mid-moduli carbon fibers to offer the best balance between the lightweight and stiffness of the former and the fatigue-resistance and durability of the latter. The result is a rim that remains stiff under hard sprinting efforts, yet offers a greater degree of compliance over rough roads.
The S5s are finished off with Sapim's reliable Race spokes and Mercury's own hubs. The rear hub includes a generous six pawls for snappy engagement, and the front hub has an extra-wide 70 millimeter flange for reduced flex under hard efforts and confident stability at speed. Both hubs have an oversized axle and oversize sealed bearings that work together to ensure stiffness and long-term durability.
- Carbon fiber road wheels well-suited to all-around riding
- Carbon layup finds the ideal balance of stiffness and compliance
- 50mm rim depth offers aero gains without giving up versatility
- Reliable Mercury sealed bearing hub with snappy engagement
- Tubeless compatibility for increased grip and comfort
- Hand-built in Utah by Mercury's expert wheel builders
- Includes rim strips, valve extenders, cassette spacer
- Disc brake only, 12mm thru-axle hubs