A solid training partner.
The days of clear delineations between delicate race wheels and bombproof training wheels are largely past, but it still feels wrong to head out the door into a looming weather forecast and risk putting our beautiful carbon wheels through the stress of high winds, rainstorms, and the road grime that often accompanies those conditions. Instead, leave the carbon at home for more fair weather endeavors and swap out your brake pads to roll under the clouds with calm peace of mind on a solid set of aluminum training wheels like the Mercury Wheels M1 Clincher Wheelset.
Made from lightweight yet durable alloy, this wheelset is the ideal training companion to give your race wheels a break from the elements and a more than capable option to have waiting patiently in the wheel pit or follow truck on race day. A 17mm rim width sits on the narrow side of ever-widening rim trends, which we feel makes this wheelset well suited for riders who prefer 23mm or 25mm road tires over something beefier.
- A reliable aluminum road wheelset
- Alloy rim construction balances strength, weight, and cost
- Shallow rim depth remains stable in the wind
- Aluminum braking surface provides stopping power in variable conditions
- Internal rim width promotes ideal road tire shape
- Laser etched logos won't peel away