As much as you love your 'cross wheels, knobby tires just aren't as fun on pavement when you're trying to throw down for county sign sprints in a pack of skinny tires. What your 'cross bike needs is a solid set of affordable aluminum hoops like the Mercury Wheels M1 Disc Brake Clincher Wheelset for a dose of roadie speed to knock out summer base miles and pastry-fueled group rides. Made from lightweight yet durable alloy, these wheels are the ideal training companion to give your 'cross bike new life on the road and let your race wheels take a break from the elements.
The M1's 18mm internal rim width belies a road-focused intention to provide a solid platform for today's trend of 25mm tires, and tubeless compatibility empowers those of us looking to ditch the tubes and reap the benefits of lower tire pressure and a smoother ride. While we wouldn't necessarily recommend mounting 33mm 'cross tires on rims this narrow, the tubeless compatibility and a quick consultation of the ETRTO charts indicate that they'll also serve as pit wheels in a pinch when your usual spares are at the shop for maintenance.
- A sturdy aluminum disc brake road wheel
- Aluminum rim construction balances strength, weight, and cost
- Shallow rim depth remains stable in the wind
- Ideal internal rim width for today's wider road tire trends
- Laser etched logos won't peel away
- Compatible with 6-bolt disc rotors
- Includes end caps for 12mm and 15mm front thru-axles