G3-25 29in Boost Wheelset
If you're looking for a speedy set of cross country wheels that won't leave a massive dent in your wallet, take a look at the Mercury G3-25 29in Boost Wheelset. Whether you're a serious XC racer, or just prefer the classic ride characteristics of a narrower rim and traditional width tires, these lightweight aluminum wheels are right up your alley. The complete set weighs a respectable 1750g, which is not much heavier than full carbon XC wheels that cost well over twice as much.
Mercury designs their XC wheels to be efficient, helping you get every last watt from your legs transferred to the trail. The rims are laser welded, keeping weight down without compromising any strength, and they feature a 25mm internal width and a 22mm depth that provides a stiff, responsive, yet forgiving ride. The rims are hand-laced with Sapim double butted spokes and alloy nipples, all done by Mercury's expert wheel builders in their Utah based facility. The Mercury designed hubs boast a competitive 7-degree engagement, and use sealed cartridge bearings for longevity.
- Chase PR's and KOM's with this aluminum XC wheelset
- Enjoy a responsive ride at a fraction of the cost of carbon
- Laser welded rim saves weight without sacrificing strength
- 25mm internal width works well for traditional width tires
- Hand-laced by Mercury's expert wheel builders in Utah
- Snappy 7-degree hub engagement for a quick pedal response
- Boost spacing only, available with XD or HG freehub
- Tubeless compatible for a reliable, self-sealing setup