With widely spaced, beefy knobs designed to grab onto a wide variety of trail surfaces and conditions, the Maxxis Rekon EXO/TR 27.5 Plus Tire has earned its reputation as a favorite among the plus-sized wheel crowd. Its siped knob edges and ramped middle knobs pair high traction grip with smooth rolling speed to tough it out through loose and mucky bogs without slowing you down too much during hard and fast sections.
This tubeless-ready tire mixes biting knobs with three rubber compounds to create a truly versatile ride. The 60 TPI casing is wrapped in a tread pattern that favors loose over hardpack, and it's equipped with moderate spacing between the center lugs and closely clustered side knobs for sure cornering bite. Those center lugs are also ramped to resist folding under braking and acceleration, while EXO protection fends off ride interrupting flats. You'll gain positive traction over wet roots and rocks and seamless transitions from straightaways into turns
- A versatile plus tire for loose, mucky terrain
- More volume and lower pressure add traction across all surfaces
- EXO protection helps prevent punctures
- Soft, supple casing provides a smooth ride
- Specific knob shaping makes the most of increased contact patch