The Maxxis Rekon 3C/SilkShield/EXO/TR 27.5 Plus Tire improves upon the XC-specific Ikon+ with a more aggressive tread pattern that inspires confidence when you're rolling down technical terrain with speed. Widely spaced knobs down the middle ensure braking control while L-shaped side knobs maintain cornering composure and support. It's still a relatively fast-rolling tire, making it an ideal choice for the rear of your plus-sized trail rig, or as a front and rear tire for those riding on hard-buffed trails and smooth XC loops.
This particular version of the Rekon featuers 3C Maxx Terra compound for heightened levels of grip and control, as the triple-layer compound is much softer for improved traction. EXO reinforcement is extremely cut and abrasion-resistant, preventing pesky flats from stopping you from completing your daily ride or weekend epic. Going even further to prevent flats, SilkShield provides bead-to-bead protection for additional sidewall reinforcement. This double whammy of cut and abrasion protection is essential for a plus-sized tire, as running lower pressures often results in getting flats and punctures from sharp rocks and trail debris.
- Improved traction without sacrificing rolling speed
- Plus-sized casing for greater traction and bump compliance
- 3C Maxx Terra compound enhances overall grip and control
- EXO + SilkScreen reinforcement for cut and abrasion protection
- Widely spaced center knobs for improved braking capabilities
- L-shaped shoulder knobs improve handling and cornering
- Tubeless-ready casing