Channel aggression into control.
Designed for aggressive trail riders, the Maxxis Rekon 3C/EXO/TR 29 x 2.6in Tire features a high volume design, which allows you to drastically lower tire pressure to gain the benefits of bump compliance and enhanced traction while rallying over rock gardens, plunging into steep descents, and railing around corners. Although it's 3/10ths of an inch wider than a standard trail tire, it doesn't feel as squishy or vague as its plus-sized brethren in the range of 2.8 to 3 inches.
The Rekon emulates the fast-rolling speed of the XC-inspired Ikon, but it's beefed up with wide knobs down the middle for additional control under heavy braking and L-shaped side knobs to keep you stable while cornering at high speeds. As you'd expect from a tire of this pedigree, it's developed to be set up in tubeless configuration, so you can gain all the benefits of running lower pressures, plus self-sealing reassurance if you happen to run over a sharp object.
This particular Rekon features the 3C Maxx Terra compound, which uses a softer shoulder for exceptional grip while cornering, complete with a medium compound down the center to retain its fast-rolling capabilities. Underneath both compounds is a harder rubber that resists breakdown as you wear through the tire over time. And to ensure it's ready for aggressive trail thrashings, EXO sidewall protection ensures peace of mind while riding aggressively on notoriously rocky terrain.
- Aggressive trail tire with higher volume design
- 2.6in width provides increased bump compliance and grip
- Not a plus-sized tire, so it doesn't feel squishy or vague
- 3C Maxx Terra compound maximizes grip with softer shoulder
- EXO sidewall protection against cuts, slits, and abrasion
- Tubeless-ready casing allows you to lower tire pressure
- 120 TPI casing for a more supple feel on the trail