For aggressive trail and all-mountain riders adopting the wider is better philosophy to their rims and tires, the Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail 3C/EXO/TR 29in Tire provides unparalleled cornering grip and precise control without adding excessive low rolling resistance on long climbs. It's equally adept as a front or rear tire, seeing it's using a 3C Maxx Terra compound that's softer and more grippy than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet offers better treadwear and less rolling resistance than the ultra-soft and tacky 3C MaxxGrip. Not only that, but EXO sidewall protection gives it robust reinforcement from slits and punctures as you smash into sharp rocks at high speeds.
Seeing it uses the newest Wide Trail casing from Maxxis, this particular version of the Minion DHF is suited for those riders using wider rims with an internal width of 30 to 35 millimeters. This Wide Trail Casing pairs with the wider internal width of modern mountain bike rims, which are seemingly getting wider every year, seeing the numerous benefits in tire support and traction afforded by a wider set of hoops. By pairing this 2.5-inch tire with a 30 to 35-millimeter wide rim, you'll find it lays down a proper footprint on the trail and doesn't squirm while cornering hard, even when you're running it at a lower pressure to gain benefits in traction and compliance.
- Aggressive traction and control for riders running wide rims
- 3C Maxx Terra for optimal traction, rolling resistance, wear
- Lays down a proper footprint on a 30-35mm internal width rim
- 2.5-inch width gives you greater tire support, lots of grip
- Doesn't feel overly vague like a larger plus-sized tire
- EXO sidewall protection against cuts and punctures
- Tubeless-ready for gaining grip and compliance