Plentiful grip for wider wheels.
Seeing as how the industry is pushing towards wider wheels, it makes perfect sense that Maxxis developed a line of Wide Trail Tires specifically for an internal rim width of 30 to 35 millimeters. The 2.6-inch Maxxis Minion DHF EXO/TR Tire features a Wide Trail Casing, which offers a subtle redesign in knob profile to offer superb cornering grip at smaller lean angles and predictable traction on a wider rim. It retains the notable characteristics of the original Minion DHF, namely the ramped center knobs for low rolling resistance and straight-line control, combined with channel-cut gripping edges for cornering precision.
Another major benefit of its higher volume is that you can lower tire pressure for unrelenting grip and extra bump compliance when you're smashing across trail rubble and rolling over rock gardens. Since it's not a plus-size tire, the 2.6-inch volume doesn't come with a drastic weight penalty, so you won't feel like you're pedaling along with a lumbering behemoth of a tire. This particular version of the DHF comes with Maxxis' dual-compound rubber and EXO protection from sidewall slashes. It's tubeless-ready, giving you the ability to easily seal it up for the benefits of running a tubeless set-up on your trail bike.
- Wide Trail Casing for trail riders running wider wheels
- 2.6-inch volume increases traction and bump compliance
- Ideally suited for internal rim widths of 30 to 35mm
- Revised knobs for predictable traction, cornering grip
- Dual compound balances rolling efficiency with grip
- EXO protection from sidewall slashes and abrasion
- Tubeless-ready for quick, easy sealing