Low profile tires are the go-to if you know without a doubt that the trail conditions won't change, but the two things you can count on out there are unpredictable surfaces and the potential for any sort of weather. That's where the race-ready 29in Maxxis Ikon 3C/TR Tire comes out to play. Built to roll fast while providing excellent grip across conditions ranging from hardpack to loose dirt, these tires can handle myriad conditions over the course of a ride.
This lightweight, tubeless-ready tire mixes biting knobs with three rubber compounds to create a truly versatile profile. The supple 120 TPI casing is wrapped in a tread pattern that favors both buff and loamy conditions with moderate spacing between the center lugs and the raised side knobs. Those center lugs are also ramped to resist folding under braking and acceleration and the 3C Max Speed compound bridges the traction gap from packed to loose terrain.
Maxxis fashions the center knobs from a harder compound to resist wear and flex while the supple casing allows the tire to conform to irregularities in the trail and lets the softer side compound hook up and grip. As a result, you gain a positive traction over wet roots and rocks and seamless transitions from straightaways into turns.
- Versatile tires for unpredictable trail days
- Fast-rolling center tread for speed on hard pack
- Beefy side lugs lock in on corners, shed mud
- Ramped center lugs don't fold under braking power
- Tubeless-ready setup for durable flat protection
- Supple 120 TPI casing for tacky control
- Center compound resists wear, supple casing conforms to the trail