Why We Like The Dissector Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire
We all know that gotta-go-fast feeling, and we're always chasing it. Maxxis, thankfully, is trying to enable us on that mission. They're working with top athletes to design tires that are ideal for dry, fast trails, and they're trying to be as versatile as possible. With their Dissector Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire, we're seeing that need for speed, combined with features catered to trail riders.
The Dissector Wide Trail Tire aims to minimize drag while still retaining cornering control. It can be used as a front, a pair, or as a rear depending on the trail conditions and your mood that day. It weighs about what you'd expect for a 29in x 2.6in Wide Trail tire at 1,049g, and it maintains a flexible 120tpi casing for smooth riding over trail obstacles. Maxxis's 3C Maxx Terra compound provides a high grip and EXO sidewall protection resists punctures from any jagged rocks on the trail.
- Wide trail tire ideal for hardpack, medium, and loose terrain
- Center knobs minimize drag but retain sharp, flat edges
- EXO sidewalls provide increased puncture resistance
- 120tpi for smooth rolling over questionable terrain
- Can be used as a front, pair, or rear tire depending on conditions