Why We Like The Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR Tire - 27.5in
As an all-round mountain tire, it’s hard to look past the Maxxis Assegai Wide Trail 3C/EXO+/TR 27.5in Tire. A fast-rolling center tread design offers confident grip thanks to its 3C Maxx Terra composition — medium compound over hard for the center tread and soft compound over medium on the outer knobs. The large knobs are ideally spaced to punch through loose dirt and loamy trails, while also versatile enough to find traction in wet, rooted areas and flat-out muddy trails. Puncture protection is dialed in as well with Maxxis’ EXO barrier supporting the sidewalls and an inner layer of SilkShield for those straight-on punctures. The wide trail construction sits ideally on rims with an inner width of 30-35mm.
- Confident and fast mountain tire for loose dirt and wet conditions
- Grip for aggressive racing in all conditions and dual-ply downhill casing
- Optimized design for wide rims with inner width of 30-35mm
- Puncture resistance from EXO sidewall layer and inner-barrier of SilkShield
- Tubeless compatible adds another layer of rolling confidence