Designed for aggressive trail riding in mixed conditions, the Assegai's tall knobs dig deep to find traction in loose dirt and loam, but don't sacrifice the support needed to navigate rocks and hardpack terrain with confidence. The tread pattern also provides a smooth and predictable cornering transition—a welcome feeling when you're trying to hold a line through tricky off-camber turns.
The Dual Compound rubber found on this tire is a bit harder than the 3C version, which ultimately helps the tire last a bit longer and roll a bit faster. This makes it a great option for use as a rear tire, which typically sees more wear and tear than the front.
It's available exclusively in 2.5-inch Wide Trail casing, which optimizes its tread spacing for aggressive trail riders running wider rims for better traction and cornering control at the absolute limit. Maxxis recommends running this 2.5-inch tire on rim widths of 30 to 35 millimeters, giving you the ability to drastically lower tire pressure to gain benefits of grip and compliance over rugged stretches of trail.
- Aggressive mountain bike tire for a wide range of terrain
- Tall knobs find grip without sacrificing stability
- Tread pattern offers a smooth, predictable cornering transition
- Works well in loose, loose over hard, medium, and wet conditions
- Harder Dual Compound rubber improves durability
- EXO protection fends off sidewall cuts and tears
- Wide Trail design is optimized for rims with 30 - 35mm internal width