You're constantly pushing the boundaries of exploration, riding everywhere from BC's rugged Kootenays to Vermont's rolling Green Mountains. Emphasizing riding comfort and aggressive traction for remote trail exploration, the Mavic Men's XA Elite Shoe is just the shoe for slaloming down twisty singletrack, smashing through rock gardens, and walking over unpassable sections. Perhaps its most notable feature, the Energy Grip Trail sole optimizes traction with chunky lugs of sticky Contagrip rubber. This sole maximizes grip over stiffness, yet still maintains efficiency on longer climbs and extended rides where hard pedaling is necessary.
The XA Elite sports a durable synthetic upper that withstands all the abuse you can dish out across rugged mesas and rock-littered alpine cirques. Ventilated mesh zones prevent your feet from overheating on hot, sweaty rides across desert environments and sub-tropic ecosystems. Mavic's quick-lace system tightens the entire shoe with a quick pull for convenience. This quick-lacing is combined with a hook-and-loop strap to prevent your ankle from flopping around during fast pedaling.
- Explore rugged trails with aggressive grip and riding comfort
- Quick-lacing with secure ankle strap for additional support
- Ventilated mesh zones prevent overheating in warm weather
- OrthoLite footbed absorbs fatiguing vibration and impacts
- Energy Grip Trail sole optimizes grip across rough trails
- Contagrip rubber compound sticks to slick surfaces and rocks