Crossride SL Elite Helmet
Sometimes it's tough to tell when you're ready for a new helmet as the miles slip by in your old, comfortable standby. But, after more than a few unexpected crashes courtesy of roots, rocks, disguised branches, and maybe some wandering wildlife, your helmet has more than done its job protecting your head, and it's earned its retirement. Upgrading to a featherweight XC helmet like Mavic's Crossride SL Elite Helmet will remind you of just how old and clunky your old helmet was feeling, with a light, aerodynamic design made with XC races and trail rides in mind.
Mavic takes its history in road cycling to XC with the Crossride SL, constructing it to provide extended coverage to the back of the head with an assortment of cooling vents and a sleek shape that won't slow you down on singletrack. Inside the helmet, plush foam padding allows you to make minor fit adjustments, and Mavic thoughtfully included mesh behind the vents with the goal of keeping bugs, bees, and painful small rocks from making their way to your scalp and costing you valuable time while you race. When making fit adjustments, the dial on Mavic's Ergo Hold SL Retention System makes customization easy, so you can be sure the Crossride SL Elite will stay firmly in place once you pedal away from the start line.
- Ultra-light, aerodynamic helmet for XC and trail rides
- Retention system offers easy adjustments and light comfort
- 37.5 technology in the padding ensures wicking performance
- Removable visor lets you adapt to the day's conditions
- Tons of ventilation keeps you cool in hotter weather
- Anti-mosquito mesh shields you from bugs during the ride