Galaxie Wind Vest
Machines for Freedom burst on the scene with the promise of delivering something of a unicorn in the cycling world—women’s specific kit made from top-notch fabrics, impeccable styling, and attention to detail. And they delivered in spades. We’ve spent a heap of time in Machines’ kit and can attest to its quality, and the Galaxie Wind Vest is a piece we take along on almost every ride. Whether it’s layered over a summer jersey with arm warmers as we wait for the temperatures to rise, adding some weather protection over a fleecy long-sleeve jersey, or stowed in a bar bag or jersey pocket awaiting those early spring microclimate changes, this vest brings a versatility that’s useful on all the but the warmest or coldest of rides.
We’d be remiss to omit a discussion of style when talking about anything Machines, and there’s no doubt the Galaxie adds a dose of panache to any ride. Its streamlined cut and subtle pops of star-studded pattern coordinate to complete the look on almost any collection of kit. Add in Machines’ race patterning and attention to detail and this vest both fits like a glove and is built to handle whatever miles you throw its way. If you’re like us, the Galaxie will be one piece of kit you couldn’t imagine not having in your wardrobe.
- A versatile, highly packable wind vest
- Lightweight fabrics provide protection without bulk
- Wind- and water-blocking prowess fends off the elements
- Streamlined fit minimized excess fabric
- Elastic-free waist lays flat and stays in place
- Two large rear pockets keep essentials within easy reach
- Subtle galaxy pattern on shoulders add a pop of style
- Machines for Freedom sets the standard for women’s cycling kit