We find that the saddle is the best vantage point for appreciating the changing leaves of fall, and the Louis Garneau Zappa Women's Knickers provide the ideal mix of warming insulation and functional stretch for cool autumn rides. They're finished with some utilitarian details like a zip/hook-and-loop fly, belt loops, and an elastic waist, but the key to their shoulder-season versatility lies in Louis Garneau's targeted curation of fabrics.DirtMax resists damn near everything you might encounter on the trail. Dirt, wind, rain, abrasion—it all falls under the fabric's protective umbrella. The inevitable knickers vs. branches match is further tipped in the Zappa's favor with the addition of some Dura-X fabric, which reinforces specific areas against the abuses of the trail, and strategic use of TechFit paneling maintains the anti-abrasion theme while adding an element of cycling-friendly stretch.
And make no mistake: the Zappa Knickers are built for cyclists. The detachable inner shorts make that clear if nothing else does. They're made from DryTex 2002, which is a fast-drying material made of hollow-core yarns. This combination of properties keeps you dry and regulates temperate in much the same way merino wool does. The hollow-core construction traps micro pockets of air in order to create a buffer between your body and the late autumn chill. DryTex also benefits from the anti-odor properties of Nano-Silver technology, and the included Silvercool3 chamois provides similar benefits while situating a variable topography of breathable, high-density foam between you and the saddle.
- Cycling knickers for the cool temperatures of autumn and spring
- Mix of materials blend insulation, durability, and stretch
- Removable lining with anti-odor chamois
- Articulate knees and elastic waist accommodate life in the saddle
- Pockets with hook-and-loop and zipper closure for secure stashing
- Reflective accents catch light while you're catching falling leaves
View more Women's Knickers
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.