Some days, you may not feel like wearing bib shorts to your weekly group ride or spin class when you know you're meeting friends for a bite to eat afterwards or have a few errands to run. The Louis Garneau women's Rio Knickers offer a versatile alternative to the typical second-skin cycling kit, with the knickers and skirt constructed in a two-in-one design to eliminate the bulk of layering one on top of the other.
Garneau constructs the Rio with a blend of stretchy synthetic fabrics that work to keep you comfortable by wicking moisture away from your skin as you sweat with a forgiving, flattering fit. The Rio's wide, supportive waistband fits similarly to a favorite pair of yoga pants, moving with you as you ride rather than digging into your skin while the SlimFlex chamois provides strategic cushioning in the saddle while remaining flexible and breathable. A mini-pocket along the waistband gives you space to store a key or ride nutrition, and reflective accenting helps to keep you visible to other road users as you ride.
View more Women's Shorts
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: s
Nice design, but lycra tights are a lighter material than I had hoped for. Skirt is an all together different material than the tights (lighter weight than the tights). Size runs on the large size, you might want to order one size down. I'm keeping the knickers and will enjoy them, but I would have liked the tights to be an heavier weight. Nice design that one can always count on from Louis Garneau products. Do read the tech specs.