Speedzone X-Lite Vest
It's one thing to have a light, packable wind vest to whip out on those chilly mornings. It's another thing to have one that weighs a mere 60 grams and packs down into a ball barely bigger than a fat strawberry—and into a tiny pocket hidden in the collar, no less. That is the power of the Louis Garneau Speedzone X-Lite Vest.
But don't interpret this as a one-trick pony. Disappearing act aside, this is an advanced technical piece. It's made of LG's X-Lite 19 fabric, an extremely light but tough material that's abrasion-resistant, thanks to its ripstop weave construction. Its DWR-waxed finish will protect you from wind and rain alike, and the mesh rear and side paneling bestow plenty of breathability. The lower rear of the vest is cut out so that you still have access to your jersey's pockets, meaning you can bust out the vest without having to transfer all your cargo.
The Louis Garneau Speedzone X-Lite Vest comes in six sizes, from X-Small to XX-Large, and in three color schemes: White/black, Black/red, and Orange Fluo.
- Incredibly lightweight, packable cycling vest
- Lightweight protection from wind and rain on the road
- DWR treatment helps the fabric shed water
- Unique hole-in-back design allows access to jersey pockets
- Mesh back and sides for optimal ventilation and comfort
- Stretch trim provides freedom of movement
- Reflective accents enhance low-light visibility
- Full-length zipper with garage to prevent irritation