Solano Tight - Men's
Everything about the Louis Garneau Solano Tight screams cold-weather versatility. It blends elemental resistance in the front with breathable insulation the rear, omits the bibs so it doesn't hamper layering, and leaves out the chamois so you can run your preferred summer shorts. The material blend isn't as overbearingly stifling as LG's full wind- and waterproof models, and the omission of the chamois means you can also use the Solano while indulging in some Nordic cross training.
Supra WindDry is the headline material here, as its membrane construction is highly water-resistant and windproof, which means that your legs lead into the winter elements with all the protection they need to stay comfortable and keep spinning. Unlike the Providence model, the Solano's weatherproof construction only protects the front and lower back; the rest of the tights are made from LG's thermal HeatMaxx material. HeatMaxx doesn't protect against the elements, but its soft, brushed inner face insulates and breathes well, letting your microclimate self-regulate where the more protective Providence can be a bit too warm, unless the temperature and conditions are extreme.
That blend of materials recommends the Solano for base miles in the damp chill of late winter and early spring. That's the time of year when braving the elements is the most daunting but the payoff in form come April and May is worth it. The inclusion of articulated knees also literally adds to the Solano's flexibility, and elastic draw string a the waist helps ensure an uncompromising fit. LG finishes the Solano with reflective details to help maintain visibility during the short, often overcast days the tights are built for.
- Chamois-free cycling tights for layering or Nordic cross training
- Windproof and water-resistant material fends off the elements
- HeatMaxx thermal panels regulate body temperature
- No chamois means no limit to cold-weather use
- Articulated knees reduce bunching and irritation
- Elastic drawstring waist lets you dial in the perfect fit
- Reflective elements help keep you visible on dim, winter days
- Item #LGN00N5
- [membrane/laminate] Supra WindDry, [face fabric] HeatMaxx, [rear panels] Endurexx
- fall, winter, spring
- 1 right thigh
- logos on front and back
- Recommended Use
- road cycling, road running, trail running, xc skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year