Designed with Louis Garneau's X-Comfort Zone technology, the Men's Platinum II Shoe features an elastomer insert that brilliantly conforms to a wide variety of foot shapes and sizes. This award-winning technology (it took the prestigious Eurobike award) allows you to wear your typical shoe size without worrying about picking out the correct width. In its unstretched form, the shoe exhibits a B foot width for narrower feet. However, this insert stretches by a good four to five millimeters, meaning it'll accommodate the widest D+ foot without pinching or pressure points. It'll work virtually any foot width, so you never have to worry about the Platinum II Shoe fitting your foot, no matter if it's narrower or wider.
The Platinum II Shoe provides an efficient pedaling platform with its injected nylon/fiberglass sole, but without being unruly or overly stiff like a pure carbon sole. It'll accommodate both three-bolt road cleats and two-bolt cleats used by mountain bike riders, so you can use this shoe for virtually any riding discipline you find yourself in. Additionally, Louis Garneau uses an excellent Boa IP1-S closure, which provides micro-adjustments with the quick twist of a dial.
- Foot-conforming shoe adjusts to virtually any foot width
- X-Comfort Zone stretch insert for a custom, glove-like fit
- Accommodates B to D+ foot widths (narrower to wider feet)
- Boa IP1 dial provides micro-adjustable fit over the uppers
- Fiberglass/nylon sole for efficiency without being too stiff
- Breathable sole inserts provide cooling airflow on hot days