Our favorite feature of Louis Garneau's P-09 Helmet is definitely the fact that, instead of just a fairing attached to a normal EPS foam body, the P-09 is built from the inside out in an aerodynamic shape. Since the inside is fully supported — even the truncated tail — it holds up better to daily abuse and won't warp when left in a hot car before your event.
The helmet is designed to have minimal frontal surface area, making it more compact, and a landscape of dimples across its brow disturbs air just enough to increase flow over the helmet. The P-09's tail is reversed for a better airflow at the shoulders, with a port that allows air to enter at the front and exit through vents behind the ears, releasing any forward pressure. The redesigned vent also works with deeper evacuation channels for improved airflow and ventilation.
The lens system includes a visor that lifts up for fast and easy transitions, and it can be removed using just one hand. Keeping the helmet stable is Garneau's Spiderlock Pro II that uses a polymer neck support and can be adjusted on the fly with a simple twist of the retention dial. Rounding out the helmet is the Steplock divider that adjusts the length and position of the straps with a locking cam design.
- Aerodynamic helmet sheds race time for a photo finish
- Polyurethane shell with a dimpled surface
- Minimal frontal area and aerodynamic tail reduce drag
- Pressure release port pushes air through the helmet instead of around
- Integrated lens system with included removable lens
- Item #LGN006P
- Shell Material
- Speed Vent
- Fit Adjustment
- Spiderlock Pro II
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, ASTM
- Claimed Weight
- 12.3oz (350g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 1 year