For cyclists who try to maintain fitness year round, winter poses a pretty obvious dilemma. Winter roads are often un-rideable unless you have a fat bike, so even the most bike-centric of us will often branch out into cross-training in order to avoid the indoor trainer. Louis Garneau's Optimum Mat Tights are, well, optimal for those situations. They'll serve as running tights during cross-training on bright winter afternoons, but while the roads are clear in late fall and early spring, they'll also ride just fine over your favorite pair of summer-weight cycling shorts. Either way, they provide protection against cold air without risk of stifling you.
- Chamois-free tights for cross-training in the cold
- Light material provides coverage without stifling
- Mesh inserts behind the knees boost ventilation
- Drawstring waistband cinches down the fit
- Flatlock seams reduce the irritation of training in the cold
- Pockets provide discreet storage for keys and gels
- Reflective elements help keep you sparkly in dim conditions