Mica II Cycling Shoe
Louis Garneau's Mica II Cycling Shoe goes a long way to dispel the notion that you have to spend a fortune on riding shoes in order to keep your feet happy. As a good option for everything from big cross country rides to everyday trail riding, the Mica II keeps your feet comfortable on long rides while helping you put power to the pedals efficiently. And while they may be on the more budget-friendly side of the spectrum, these shoes don't skip out on features or quality, as they come with Garneau's award-winning X-Comfort Zone technology trickled down from top-tier models.
When cycling, feet tend to swell due to the increase in blood flow to the muscles. This can lead to numbness and hot spots that could potentially cut your ride short. Garneau addresses this issue with their X-Comfort Zone technology, an integrated stretch panel on the outside of the toe box that allows the foot to swell up to 5mm while riding, thus eliminating hot spots and discomfort. It also allows the shoes to comfortably fit riders with average and above average forefoot widths, taking some of the guesswork out of shoe selection.
- A performance MTB shoe that's friendly on the wallet
- X-Comfort Zone eliminates numbness and hot spots
- Power Zone increases arch support and power transfer
- Outsole balances power transfer with off-bike walkability
- Closure system provides an adjustable and secure fit
- EVA insole for improved comfort on the trail
- Abrasion-resistant toe box holds up to rocks and roots