You've curious about the return of the lace-up shoe for a while now, long enough to realize that what started as a trend looks to have staying power. Whether you remember when lace-ups reigned or are considering upgrading to cycling-specific shoes for the first time, Louis Garneau's L.A. 84 Shoe is a good place to start if your budget and fit requirements trend more towards self-sponsored and generous.
Taking inspiration from the lace-up models the pros have been wearing, the L.A. 84 offers a similar fit and feel, in a more approachable price range. Built to Garneau's STD Fit standards, the shoe doesn't have the aggressive, highly contoured fit of a top-end race shoe. While it still provides security and the nearly limitless potential to adjust fit that comes with a lace-up design, the shoe will feel more forgiving for everyday rides. Its fiberglass-reinforced nylon soles lend a mix of stiffness and flex appropriate for its entry/mid-level distinction that will see you loyally through group rides, evening spins, and perhaps your first-ever Fondo.
- Get the fit you want on everyday rides with this shoe
- Synthetic leather and mesh uppers wear well in any weather
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon sole provides mid-tier stiffness
- Lace-up closure encourages generous fit customization
- STD Fit is Garneau's roomier, less contoured fit
- HRS-80 heel piece included for a slip-free fit in the heel
- Outsole encourages ventilation for extra breathability