Though most shoe designers craft women's specific footwear with a distinctly narrow profile, not all of us are blessed with dainty feet, and Louis Garneau gives women with a variety of foot shapes a nod with the Granite II Women's Shoe. This award-winning kick combines the performance you trust from Garneau with an innovative design that allows the shoe to stretch in order to accommodate B to D+ sized feet, which is achieved with a ventilated elastomer-spandex insert that is coined the X-Comfort Zone.
The X-Comfort Zone creates a unique fit that doesn't constrict the foot's natural toe splay, helping to maintain all of your power output, while claiming to reduce injuries, too. The new Granite also sees some welcome updates that load it with features we typically only see in Garneau's top-of-the-line models, such as offset opening to relieve pressure on the instep, and a Powerzone system that locks your foot in place when you're putting the hammer down through technical switchbacks, and punchy power moves up rock faces. On bottom the shoes feature Ergo Grip 2 sole — a nylon and fiberglass composite, that offers a boost of stiffness to keep your power going into your cranks, but without so much going too stiff and causing issues when you have to shoulder your bike up an overgrown boulder field. The sole features a recessed patch designed to secure 2-bold mountain cleats, and large rubberized lugs that keep your footing sure when you have to hit the trail on foot.
- A flexible shoe for riders with a variety of feet
- X-Comfort Zone expands to fit B to D+ width
- Large ventilation panels let in air and stretch
- Increased arch support boosts power transfer
- Off-center boa alleviates pressure from instep
- Stiff and grippy outsole keeps your footing secure
- EVA insole soaks up shock from the trail
- Compatible with 2-bolt MTB cleats and pedals