Beauty meets beast.
The backs of Louis Garneau's Gel EX Pro Gloves are a fleece that's got a laminate that adds wind-blocking to its list of soft, thermal properties. Warm hands are a beautiful thing, but we also need something a bit beastlier when it comes to maintaining tacky grip on the bar and shift levers—especially with full-fingered gloves designed for chilly conditions.
Amara, a synthetic leather, is that beast. Unlike most micro-fiber synthetics, Amara maintains the high-grip feel of a leather grain. The only places on the palms and inner fingers that isn't made of Amara are the index and thumb tips, which replace the material with thermos-conductive panels that keep you in touch with touchscreen devices.
- Cool-weather gloves that keep you in touch with the hoods
- Windproof fleece insulates while faux-leather keeps grip secure
- Padded palms absorb chatter from autumnal gravel roads
- ErgoAir ventilation reduces the risk of clammy palms
- Touchscreen fingertips enable smartphone and head unit use
- Lie-flat cuff slides under jackets and warmers
- Reflective details add visibility for hand signals in low-light