When the day calls for copious amounts of loam, weaving through old growth forests, and picking your line through the chunky rock garden that usually has you second guessing yourself, its best to have a pair of shorts like the Louis Garneau Women's Dirt Short on your side. These shorts boast versatility, offering a burly outer short that can take on the rowdiest trails, and a flexible liner with bib that locks in comfort as soon as you start pedaling.
The outer short is built from a combination of Garneau's Rhino, Revolt, and Lightsens fabrics, combining robust durability against abrasions with breathability, and total freedom of movement into one piece. A DWR coating works to keep you clean on the muddy days, and quick-drying properties mean that sweat is wicked away quickly to keep you from getting clammy when you're working your way up technical switchbacks.
One of our favorite features of the Dirt Shorts is no doubt what happens on the bottom. Garneau employs a full on set of bib shorts to line the Dirt, with stretchy suspenders designed in a way that doesn't require removal when nature calls, and a multi-density chamois to cushion you from trail chatter. The chamois itself is designed to sit seamlessly against your most sensitive skin, while a soft microfiber top prevents chaffing on the long rides.
- Get down and dirty with these trail-ready shorts
- Tackle rowdy lines with abrasion-resistant fabric
- DWR coating helps shed mud when things get wet
- Wicking materials pull sweat away to keep cool
- Move with ease thanks to 4-way stretch Lightsens
- Dense chamois cushions your sit bones from rough trails
- Liner bib uses flexible straps to make nature calls a breeze