There is one constant on any trail: regardless of if we're running shuttle laps or on a self-powered sidecountry adventure, the ability to move freely in the saddle while throwing the bike through corners and into questionable lines is a must. Louis Garneau's Connector Men's Shorts rise to the occasion, providing plenty of stretch for sketchy terrain that demands a bit of body English. The body material is also water-resistant, so it helps keep showers from damping your buzz, and the addition of a mesh rear panel helps keep lower back sweat from becoming a rear-facing racing stripe.
The shorts are equipped with a removable liner, which adds additional element of versatility by letting you choose your degree of saddle intimacy. If you're letting 6+ inches of rear suspension do the work, leave the Profile MTB insert at home; if you're setting out on a 29er hardtail or gravel bike tour, the chamois' varying topography of high-density foam certainly comes in handy. In the event that body English does become a feature of a given ride, the chamois' beveled edges and four-way stretch construction help prevent irritation.
- Mountain bike baggies for trail to gravel
- Removable liner with multi-density foam chamois
- Streamlined fit for XC speed and gravel aerodynamics
- Blend of three fabrics for breathable durability
- Snap loop system for use with LG liners and bibs
- Four pockets and reflective details handle functional needs
- Waist adjusts with hook-and-loop straps to cover your assets
- Triple fly security keeps you buttoned (and zipped and hooked)