Urban 500 Headlight
From the company that wants you to see the Light and stay in Motion, the Light & Motion Urban 500 Headlight does the trick, casting a bright beam across your path from a small, light package with excellent range.
Using a flexible and durable mounting system, the Urban 500 can be placed on your handlebar or helmet, and it pops off easily when you get home. Cranking out 500 lumens makes this model less bright than the company’s 650 or 800 models, but it will still easily outshine the vast majority of light systems on the market (the average clip-on light out there has less than 100 lumens). It’s an extremely visible LED light that employs many of the 800/650s’ innovations, like amber-colored side lighting for 180-degrees of visibility, and a precisely engineered lens that evenly distributes light over a field designed to help cyclists see both near and far while riding. The battery life indicator will let you know how long you can stay out, and the IP67 waterproof rating means the light can still function while submerged under one meter of water for up to 30 minutes, just in case you try out an ill-advised shortcut.
The Light & Motion Urban 500 Headlight measures 4 inches long and 1.2 inches wide, takes five hours to charge, and can be mounted on either your handlebar or helmet, requiring no tools for installation. It comes in two colors: Hopsickle and Blue Ribbon.
- Bike light for commuters and road cyclists
- Cree LED bulb uses battery efficiently
- Four modes let you customize your usage
- 500 lumens cut through varying light conditions
- Amber side lighting helps you be seen at intersections
- Battery-life indicator lets you know when to charge
- Water-resistant design keeps you going through a storm
- Helmet/handlebar mount lets you choose how to ride