New benchmark for neck protection.
Leatt knows how to prevent catastrophic neck injuries, and the DBX 5.5 is one of the best ways to keep your spine intact when you wreck. The DBX series is the benchmark in comfortable, effective neck protection, and the DBX 5.5 offers more adjustability than the rest of the series.
The main focus of the DBX brace is to reduce over-extension injuries by limiting the range of motion in your neck. It uses a fiberglass-reinforced nylon chassis to block any further motion after your helmet has bottomed out. The DBX 5.5 does this without inhibiting the range of motion you need to look down the trail and sight your landings.
Your ability to fine-tune the DBX 5.5 starts with the adjustable opening that allows for a large range of body types. The shoulder pads let you raise or lower the brace according to your neck length. Its adjustable aft wing is vital for riders who ride with a flattened back versus a more upright posture, and the rear thoracic brace is featured on all DBX braces, but the 5.5 uses a brand-new split brace that's adjustable to one of four angle settings. This increases comfort and it's designed to snap off before it places excess pressure on the spine. When it snaps, the brace dissipates the majority of force to keep your spine intact, which is similar in function to EPS foam helmet protection.
Lowered side wings on the DBX 5.5 enhance lateral freedom, which is important for smaller riders or those with shorter necks. Working with the variable height shoulder pads, you can tailor the fit to nearly any body shape.
- Protective neck brace designed for downhill mountain biking
- CoreFlex enhances comfort and range of motion
- Three-way adjustability and SureFit adjusters for perfect fit
- Four-angle rear thoracic strut adjusts to fit anyone
- Injected foam padding is durable and easy to clean
- Low-profile push-button open and closure system
- Air flow ribbed padding for optimum ventilation
- Emergency release mechanism for injured riders