MXZ400 Winter Cycling Boot
The MXZ400 Men's Winter Cycling Boot is far and away the most wintery boot Lake produces. It's built-up to stand-up to the elements, and its moto-appropriate size hints at its 400g of 3M Thinsulate and generously capacious last, which allows for more insulation in the form of thick sock layering. The last is built to accommodate walking and pedaling, and its wrapped in a layer of Pittards WR100 for water-resistant breathability.
That list alone is impressive enough to warrant the MXZ400's status as the greatest Lake of the winter cycling world, but the real magic is the inclusion of Outlast SmartFabric Technology. Outlast incorporates capsules of a phase-change material that shifts between a solid and a liquid state depending on conditions. This act of alchemy has the effect of either absorbing heat or releasing it, so Outlast serves as a smart solution to varying conditions on the bike by actively keeping warming or cooling your feet.
The boots are finished with some hardcore winter details, including some armor in the form of Helcor paneling in order to protection the Pittards from the scuffs of bikepacking life. The extended cuff is also an obvious winter superstar, and it fastens with its own dedicated Boa dial so you can batten down the hatches against winter aggression. The rubber outsole sits wide to generate additional traction in slick conditions, and it's equipped with ice grip inserts in order to ensure that it does the job.
- A winter cycling boot for extreme conditions
- Outlast technology helps regulate foot temperature
- Insulation traps warmth to maintain a barrier against the cold
- Breathable, water-resistant upper keeps the elements at bay
- Generous last allows for thick sock layers
- Outsole grips ice for traction in slippery conditions
- Extended cuff with a dedicated Boa dial
- Abrasion-resistant paneling shields uppers from trail abuse