Pivot 2 Swing Away Extension
Whether you drive a truck, sprinter van, Jeep, or SUV, using a hitch rack to transport your bikes can make it difficult to access the rear of your vehicle. The Pivot Swing Away Extension solves this problem by allowing you to swing your fully-loaded bike rack to the side for clear access to tailgates, rear doors, and hatchbacks.
The Kuat Pivot Swing Away Extension is welded to be tough, holding up to 250lb when loaded, and it attaches to your 2-inch hitch receiver while accepting up to a 4-bike rack. It swings a full 90 or 120-degrees, allowing you to fully open your hatchback or drop down your tailgate for access to gear. A locking anti-rattle hitch pin ensures that the rack stays secure and doesn't give your bike too much of a shake on the ride to the trailhead. The added distance from the Pivot Swing Away Extension system offers a touch of extra room, an added bonus that enables those with rear-mounted spare tires to fit Kuat racks with fewer issues.
- Swing your bikes out of the way to access the rear of your vehicle
- Quick-release lever allows both 90 and 120-degree swing away
- Able to carry a loaded bike rack with up to 4 bikes
- Robust steel construction holds up to 250lb
- Compatible with virtually any 2in hitch rack
- Available in driver-side or passenger-side swing options
- Includes locking hitch pin to keep your investment secure
- Adds some extra clearance for vehicles with rear-mounted spare tires