Roll bravely into the unknown.
Tested and proven on the Baja Divide, the Knight 27.5 Plus/Project 321 Boost Wheelset offers up an incredibly wide, compliant, and tough ride for terrain where other wheels dare not roll. Knight created this wheel for bike packers, back-country ramblers, and riders desiring the rolling mass of a larger wheel, but in a more stable package.
EPS molded carbon fiber construction gives this wheel its strong, lightweight, and plush feel, while the extra wide rim bed easily holds a three-inch tire for enhanced traction and reliable navigation on terrain that's on the more treacherous side. The Project 321 hubs are built around a freehub that uses six pawls in offsetting sets in order to bring engagement to below three degrees. You read that right. We're not 100% certain, but we think this may be the lowest engagement angle on any pawl freehub design. Given the types of terrain that you're sure to encounter on your next bikepacking adventure, having that virtually instant catch is a definite plus.
- Lightweight carbon wheelset for rough bikepacking trips
- Carbon fiber delivers lightweight, smooth, strong riding
- Wide 45mm internal rim provides stable tire platform
- Shockingly fast engagement from Project 321 Iso hubset
- Stiff, responsive Boost axle spacing