Why We Like The Rex Helmet
Like a T-Rex crashing its way through the forest after an elusive snack of prey, bomber enduro runs often mean tarrying on the ragged edge and within millimeters of any number of obstacles that may or may not yield when you hit them. The new Kask Rex Helmet is there to help protect your dome through it all so you come out of it with a clear mind, a bit of adrenaline, and a few scratches for future battle scar comparisons — dinosaur bites notwithstanding.
The Rex features Kask's MIT technology, which is found in all its helmet offerings and includes a polycarbonate layer covering the shell at the top of the helmet, along the base ring, and across the back for claims of improved safety and protection compared to helmets without this layer. Kask uses an in-mold process to fuse the inner, extruded polystyrene layer to the polycarbonate shell for excellent structural integrity and shock absorption. Inside the helmet, the plush Coolmax padding sitting comfortably against your noggin is removable and washable for long-term, stink-free use.
Borrowing from Kask's road line of helmets, the Rex's chinstrap is fashioned from easy to clean eco-leather for a unique pop of functional style. An adjustable visor protects your forehead from branches and debris, and doubles as a convenient shelf for goggles during shady stretches and long climbs. The Rex features a strap retainer on the back of the helmet for additional goggle security, and an integrated action camera mount makes documenting the adventure a breeze.
- Protect your dome through epic enduro runs with this helmet
- MIT tech uses a polycarbonate layer for more complete protection
- Octo fit system secures an exact fit in seconds via micro dial
- CoolMax fiber wicks sweat away from your head and regulates temps
- Multitude of vents ensures that cool air continues to flow
- Faux leather chinstrap offers maximum comfort
- Item #KSK000J
- Shell Material
- In-mold (polycarbonate)
- 20 vents
- Fit Adjustment
- Octo Fit
- CE EN 1078, Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard for Bicycle Helmets for Persons Age 5 and Older, AS/NZS 2063
- Claimed Weight
- 10.9oz (310g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer . For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov