Back for another year, Kali Protectives' Interceptor Helmet keeps pushing to keep craniums safe. With the same cut and fit as last year, the Interceptor offers you deep coverage for big crashes, and huge amounts of ventilation, so riding in the hottest of climates is more bearable. And while breathability is nice, keeping us safe is more important, and Kali's Lower Density Layer (LDL) technology takes the cake there. LDL utilizes strategically placed Armourgel padding throughout the interior of the helmet, in effort to reduce rotational forces and minimize the low-g linear forces associated with sub-concussive impacts.
The key to Armourgel's utility is a vinyl nitrate compound that Kali dubs "Bumper Fit", which acts similarly to the D30 padding found in high-end body armor. It's compliant when at rest, serving as a memory foam to increase comfort and reduce hot spots. Upon impact, Armourgel hardens to help dissipate force and provide a dose of extra protection compared to standard-construction helmets. Kali claims that LDL reduces low-g linear forces up to 30% and reduces rotational impact forces up to 25%, which means you can hit the trail with added peace of mind that you're rolling with some of the best protection currently available for trail helmets.
- Innovative protection elevates this trail-ready helmet
- LDL tech aims to reduce rotational and low-g linear impact forces
- Durable shell construction with EPS foam shields from impacts
- Large vents promote cooling airflow
- Extended coverage at the back of the head increases protection area
- Highly adjustable BOA dial retention system
- Adjustable visor shades from the sun and fends off errant branches
- Accessory mounting system for lights and other devices