Alpine Full-Face Helmet
Kali has been putting in work over recent years, refining their helmet technology to increase safety while continually improving their lineup to remain among the top brands on the market. The new Alpine Full-Face Helmet is their lightest full-face helmet to date and is fully DH-certified, offering a level of protection rated for downhill racing in a package light enough for epic enduro missions.
The helmet uses Kali's Composite Fusion construction that merges the shell and EPS foam liner together, employing layers of multi-density cone-shaped foam that Kali claims reduce impact g-forces by up to 25%. The co-molded construction eliminates any air gap between the shell and foam, helping the shell and liner work together to be stronger. The cones act as a crumple zone, using harder foam on the outside to quickly dissipate high g-force impacts, with softer foam near your head to help cushion any blow. During an impact, the cones compress or "crumple," which disperses forces laterally to reduce the overall impact force.
Kali feels that some helmets are actually overbuilt, designed to meet regulations written to protect a rider from worst-case scenario crashes, but not adequately addressing the lower impact forces that can still lead to concussions. Their solution is a technology called the Low Density Layer (LDL), which consists of strategically placed gel pads on the inside surface of the EPS foam, next to your head. These gel pads are able to compress, rotate, and shear in any direction, helping to reduce low-g linear impacts as well as rotational impacts. Kali claims a 25% reduction in rotational impact force and a 30% reduction in low-g linear impact forces with this design.
- Lightweight full-face with advanced protection for DH & enduro
- Composite Fusion increases strength while reducing weight
- Cone-shaped EPS foam absorbs heavy impacts & cushions blows
- Low Density Layer deals with low-g & rotational impacts
- 900g (1lb 14.9oz) total weight is impressive for a full-face
- Removable anti-odor pads for easy washing
- Adjustable break-away visor quickly separates during a crash
- Six helmet and six chinbar vents help keep you cool on hot days