Joplin R Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Joplin R Mountain Bike
Taking cues from the modern trail bike and cross-country machines, the Joplin R Mountain Bike fits into Juliana’s line as an efficient option for riders who still like to party. The Joplin is a truly versatile platform thanks to its balanced 120mm of travel that’s the perfect starting point for new riders thanks to its climbing prowess and reactive descending feel that makes it a truly capable short-travel 29er. Modern geometry provides a slack-ish 65.5-degree head tube angle in the low setting for stability at speed, while the 76.4-degree seat tube angle is nice and steep for an efficient climbing position.
The Joplin benefits from the VPP suspension platform that offers a supportive climbing feel and minimal squat under power. The amazing thing about VPP is that it feels supportive while climbing and forgiving while descending, sitting right in the middle of its travel, ready to pop, plow, and play at a moment’s notice. This R Build from Juliana is one we wouldn’t hesitate to use as a one bike quiver for a new rider, or a budget-friendly option for adding an efficient trail bike to our stable. The RaceFace AR Offset 30 wheelset is a durable option that’s sure to hold up over time, and the less expensive aluminum frame makes room in the budget for the tried and true NX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain from SRAM.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel 29er ready to zip its way through singletrack routes
- 120mm of rear-wheel travel is supportive and efficient
- Fox fork and shock perform consistently and are easy to adjust
- 130mm fork soaks up rock rolls and steep corners
- 29in wheels help carry momentum and roll over rock ledges
- Aluminum frame absorbs vibrations and drops the price point
- 4-piston Guide T brakes offer sufficient power for descending
- SDG Tellis dropper post clears out of the way with ease
- Item #JLIC06U