Style less traveled.
Instead of the usual wire/rubber cocktail that most cable housing uses, Jagwire's Road Elite Link Shift Cable Kit girds its Teflon-coated cables with an exoskeleton of alloy links. The benefits are impressive, especially considering how counter-intuitive this construction seems at first blush. Compared to traditional housing, the Link carapace allows for trickier routing angles, enjoys increased durability, stays compression-free so shifting and braking doesn't get muddy after a few weeks, and—most surprising of all—is a claimed 20% lighter. The segmented ano look also makes for a distinctive style that complements a tire/saddle/tape color scheme or serves as an easy-to-spot beacon while rushing from the water into a crowded transition.
- Link housing improves flexibility and durability
- Compression-less design for precision shifting
- 20% lighter than traditional linear strand shift housings
- Teflon-coated cables and Slick Lube liners reduce friction
- Lightweight aluminum won't kink or rust
- Links pre-installed on housing segments for easy setup