Rascal Cycling Shoe
The Ion Rascal Mountain Bike Shoe is for those ready to charge over the whole mountain, who want the support and pedaling efficiency of a clipless shoe, with the look and tread of a flat. Built with SupTraction, the Rascal offers more than power transmission onto your pedal, it's designed to combine stiffness, lateral flex, and torsional control to prevent your foot from tilting on the pedal. The tread is constructed with specific zones for pedaling and hiking, ensuring the most control on the bike, and grip when you have to climb a bit.
The Rascal is constructed with a synthetic leather upper, and like its sibling, the Raid, it uses a lace up closure, however the Rascal is also reinforced with the SerpenTie hook and loop strap that helps you cinch down the upper with the perfect amount of support across your foot. The sides of the upper feature JetStream laser cut ventillation, to keep you from getting hot-foot, and mesh across the toe box. The toes are reinforced twice for ultimate protection and durability; they first see a burly strap of rubber across the front, for protection from impacts against big rocks and roots, and a secondary reinforcement strap with no-sew construction to protect from abrasion. Speaking of reinforcements, the ankle also features a hit of padding on the inside, so you're protected from unwieldy crank arms or your frame, in the event of a crash.
- Clipless shoes for enduro, trail, freeride, and DH
- Synthetic uppers support and shed mud
- SerpenTie strap dials in your fit
- Ankle pad protects your ankle from the crank arms
- Reinforced toe cap keeps your toes safe
- SupTraction sole adds grip for hike-a-bike
- 2-bolt MTB cleat compatible for clipping in
- JetStream laser cut ventilation for breathability