Why We Like The Hydra Trail 280 Carbon 29in Boost Wheelset
When you're between the next race on your calendar and that bikepacking trip you had planned in the La Sal's, rest assured your wheelset will be able to handle it all. Industry Nine's Hydra Trail 280 Carbon 29in Boost Wheelset is a do-it-all option that will take you where you need to go with outstanding speed and agility. The brand's Hydra Hubs live up to the major hype they're receiving in the industry, and we like that they offer near-instantaneous 0.52-degree engagement for optimal power transfer. This wheelset is sturdy, and it's constructed with a shallow rim depth for compliance for the rider, plus improved terrain-tackling capabilities.
From the instant you put power down, Industry Nine's Hydra hubs respond without wasting watts to propel you forward up those intense climbs. This level of engagement is groundbreaking, and we're excited to see Industry Nine utilizing the Hydra hubs in this wheelset. Riders will see nimble handling that's ideal for discerning cyclists navigating sketchy situations, constant climbs, and quick descents. The 24-spoke pair system hub and spoke chassis offer a sturdy wheelset that's both compliant and lightweight, with a 2:1 lacing pattern that increases strength. In turn, the 32-spoke pair provides a versatile wheel that's versatile and stiff.
- Versatile wheelset that can easily navigate challenging terrain
- Hydra hub offers 690 POE and 0.52-degrees of engagement
- Thicker bead wall reduces the risk of pinch flats or damage from impact
- 32-and-24-spoke options offer stiffness and versatility
- Shallow rim depth improves compliance for riders
- 28mm internal width accommodates 2.2-to2.5in tires
- Machined in Asheville, North Carolina, with care