BackCountry 360 27.5in Super Boost 157 Wheelset
The BackCountry 360 27.5in Super Boost 157 Wheelset is designed to pair with the increasingly popular high-volume tires found on many modern mountain bikes, employing a wider footprint that provides optimal support and tread profile for plus-sized tires. Using a sturdy aluminum rim with stiff straight-pull spokes, and lacing them to beautifully-machined, high-engagement Torch hubs, Industry Nine has created a wheelset that easily withstands the rigors of aggressive trail riding.
This wheelset uses a beefy 36mm internal width rim, accommodating tires ranging from 2.4 to 3.0in wide. The thick, straight-pull aluminum spokes use a one-piece construction that doesn't require any spoke nipples, resulting in a stiff construction that delivers precise steering and impressive durability when ripping through rough sections of trail littered with rocks and roots. Everything is laced to Industry Nine's distinguished Torch hubs with lightning-fast 3-degree engagement, giving you a snappy pedal response when charging up climbs or ratcheting through technical sections.
The hubs use 15 x 110mm Boost hub spacing in the front, and 12 x 157mm Super Boost in the rear. Super Boost uses wider hub flanges to increase the bracing angle of the spokes, providing the stiffest interface available to date on modern trail bikes. So far, a limited number of frame companies have adopted Super Boost, with Pivot being the main brand and the first to develop the standard. That makes this wheelset a worthy upgrade if you want to run 27.5+ tires on your Switchblade or Trail 429.
- Burly wheelset for trail or enduro bikes with Super Boost spacing
- Sturdy aluminum construction balances strength and weight
- 36mm internal rim width accommodates 2.4 to 3.0in tires
- Straight-pull spokes deliver unrivaled stiffness on the trail
- High-engagement hubs provide lightning-quick pedal response
- Super Boost hub creates a stiff interface for snappier handling
- Industry Nine handcrafts their beautiful hubs and wheels in Asheville, NC, USA