1/1 Trail S Carbon 29in Boost Wheelset
If you've always eyed a set Industry Nine carbon wheels but were hesitant to shell out a big chunk of coin, now is the time to outfit your trail bike with a set of these carbon beauties. By combining its esteemed carbon rim technology with trusty J-bend spokes and the reliable 1/1 hub, I9 brings us a feature-packed wheelset that rivals the performance of its top-level wheels at a fraction of the cost. The sturdy carbon rim features a 28mm internal width that's ideal for 2.2 - 2.5in tires, making them a perfect choice for everything from XC to aggressive trail riding.
The 1/1 hub utilizes a 45-tooth spline, and six phased pawls that engage two at a time, making for 90 engagement points as you spin. It's not quite as snappy as the flagship Hydra hub, yielding 4-degrees of engagement as opposed to the 0.52 that the Hydra packs, but it does fallow closely to the ever-coveted Torch which was long revered as one of the snappiest wheelsets on the market — that is until I9's engineers had to go and out-do themselves. What this means is that power is nearly instantaneous when you hammer on the pedals, leaving little energy wasted, and a responsive feel on the trail.
- I9 brings their revered carbon wheels to a wider audience
- Built to withstand the rigors of aggressive trail riding
- Carbon rim is lightweight, strong, and requires minimal truing
- 1/1 hub is modeled after Hydra but saves you serious cash
- 4-degree hub engagement feels snappy and responsive on the trail
- 28mm internal width fits 2.2 - 2.5in tires