S35 29in Boost Wheelset
Ibis was one of the original pioneers of the wide rim revolution that took the mountain bike world by storm several years back. Wider rims give better sidewall support to the tire, which in turn allows you to run lower tire pressure for improved traction and control. Another fact about Ibis is that they're always striving for improvement, and the S35 29in Boost Wheelset represents the newest addition to their esteemed line of mountain bike wheels. Their durable aluminum construction and approachable price point make them a great choice for riders seeking enduro-worthy strength that won't break the bank.
When Ibis set out to improve upon their previous wheels, one of the main goals was to make them even lighter and stronger, which was no easy task. To achieve this Ibis knew they had to reduce the height of their beadwalls in order to make them less likely to bend and break. Stan's NoTubes already uses this technology in their existing rims, so Ibis collaborated with them to use their patented Bead Socket Technology (BST), which not only reduces the beadwall heights for improved vertical compliance and ride quality, but also makes it easier to mount tires and provides a more secure tubeless setup. Additionally, the S35 rims are drilled asymmetrically, which improves the bracing angle of the spokes and allows both sides of the wheel have nearly equal spoke tension, resulting in a stronger and more durable wheelset.
- Burly aluminum wheels made for enduro racing and trail riding
- Stan's BST technology improves ride quality and impact resistance
- Asymmetric rim allows equal spoke tension for greater durability
- 35mm internal width gives optimal support to 2.3 - 2.8in tires
- Ibis Logo hubs are reliable and help keep the cost down
- No proprietary parts means it's easy to find replacements in a pinch