Why We Like The Ripmo XT Mountain Bike
The Ibis Ripmo XT is a no-compromise trail machine for everything from high-alpine climbs to epic technical descents. 147mm of rear travel might make it seem like the Ripmo sits solidly in the category of grind-to-the-top enduro bikes, but the DW-Link suspension allows it to climb as well as our favorite downcountry bikes. DW-Link suspension shines on the downhills too with its progressive shock tune that gives us amazing rear wheel traction and small bump sensitivity. The modern slack geometry includes a 64.9-degree head tube angle for lots of stability as we rip the descents, and big 29in wheels to keep us rolling over technical terrain from the rocks and roots of Vermont to desert slick rock. Ibis specs a burly 160mm fork up front bolsters the Ripmo’s descending prowess.
This mid-tier build kit starts with Shimano's 12-speed XT drivetrain for crisp, reliable shifting, and a wide gear range to get up those climbs. A Fox Factory 38 fork brings along 160mm of travel for eating up big hits and adding torsional stiffness to keep us on our line in high-speed sections. Ibis spec'd their in-house Blackbird Send wheelset to make pinch flats a thing of the past, and a set of Shimano XT 4-piston brakes add high stopping power. The Ibis Ripmo XT is a one-bike quiver for riders looking to hit the bike park one day and tackle an all-day trail mission the next.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- All-mountain 29er built for techy sessions and bike park laps alike
- 147mm of DW-Link rear travel is supportive on climbs and descents
- 160mm Fox Factory 38 fork lets us dial in our ideal suspension
- Shimano XT 12-speed drivetrain has a gear for any speed
- Fox Factory Float X2 shock offers high-end performance
- Blackbird send wheelset is durable and lightweight
- Universal Derailleur Hanger makes for easy replacements
- 2.5in tire clearance gives us traction options for every trail
- Item #IBSB0BC