Why We Like The Ibis Ripmo SLX Mountain Bike
Positioned as a mid-travel trail bike with plenty of appetite for technical terrain, the Ibis Ripmo SLX Mountain Bike is the uncompromising bike of choice for those of us who like to get up to get down. Its 147-millimeters of DW-Link travel with a progressive shock tune provides truly impressive support for climbing and confidence-inspiring traction from steeps to corners. The Ripmo is built to run 29-inch wheels for their rollover capabilities in techy terrain with abrupt impacts and off-camber roots, plus they hold their momentum well through mellow terrain. The head tube angle comes in at 64.9-degrees, which might seem slightly steep for an aggressive trail bike like this one, but it still tracks predictably through high-speed trail sections and feels a little more maneuverable when things get tight.
This SLX build features an impressive performance-to-value ratio, kicking things off with Shimano’s workhorse drivetrain which provides a wide gear range and crisp shifting. Suspension is the major highlight, with a Fox Float 38 Factory fork that delivers 160-millimeters of forgiving travel that encourages us to try new lines and features thanks to its stable ride feel. A Float X2 Factory shock from Fox provides the same descending prowess in the rear along with a wide range of adjustments that help us fine-tune our ride. Blackbird Send alloy rims deliver vibration-damping performance that helps us hold a line through chunky terrain. This Ripmo build is the perfect choice for riders who want one bike to handle it all, even if that means high-mileage backcountry rides and bike park days.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry since the start of the pandemic, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Mid-travel trail bike for long rides with lots of elevation change
- 147mm of DW-link travel provides impressive rear-wheel traction
- Fox Float 38 Factory fork delivers top-tier descending capabilities
- 29in wheels roll over square-edge impacts and maintain speed
- 4-piston Shimano SLX brakes provide responsive stopping power
- SRAM UDH compatibility makes it easier to find replacement hangers
- Fox Float X2 Factory shock delivers a wide range of adjustments
- Carbon monocoque frame construction is lightweight and reactive
- Item #IBSB0B0