Why We Like The Ibis Ripley X01 Eagle Logo Carbon Wheel Mountain Bike
The Ripley X01 Eagle Logo Carbon Wheel Mountain Bike sets the standard for high-performance short-travel trail bikes. The Ripley's capabilities exceed what its 120mm of travel might suggest thanks to the beauty of the DW-Link design. The rear linkage supplies a progressive feel and excellent rear wheel traction that handles spicy terrain surprisingly well. The Ripley also climbs with incredible efficiency thanks to a steep 76-degree seat tube angle, and the DW-Link helps the bike sit high in its travel for an efficient feel. The Ripley benefits from 29in wheels front and rear for maximum rolling efficiency and rollover capabilities for rock steps and off-camber roots. Ibis outfits the Ripley with a 66.5-degree head tube angle which supplies some straight-lining speed and super intuitive cornering in tight terrain and steep switchbacks.
This X01 Eagle build covers all of the bases with top-tier components, starting with SRAM's X01 Eagle drivetrain, which is lightweight and shifts consistently over time. Ibis also outfits their SB35 carbon wheels on this bike which deliver a reactive feel, fast acceleration, and excellent durability over seasons of use. The Fox Factory 34 fork is another build highlight, boasting 130mm of travel and loads of adjustments for fine-tuning. This Ripley build is an excellent quiver of one for the rider who wants to rack miles, or as a dedicated trail bike within a larger quiver of bikes.
*Due to a high demand in the global supply chain and bike industry, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be of equal or better spec level. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel trail bike for downcountry and XC riding
- 120mm of DW-Link travel is efficient and capable for technical trails
- Fox Factory 34 fork with 130mm of travel is agile and zippy
- Fox Float Factory DPS shock offers tons of adjustment
- SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain delivers a wide gear range
- Ibis S35 carbon wheels are lightweight with a 35mm internal width
- SRAM Code RSC brakes deliver enduro-worthy stopping power
- Grippy Maxxis tires with EXO casing deliver lightweight flat protection
- Item #IBSB07T