Fusion 5 All-Season Tubeless Ready Tire
Hutchinson's Fusion 5 All-Season Tubeless Ready Tire is a tubeless compatible tire made to excel in all types of weather conditions, and features a grooved tread design that specifically enhances wet weather performance by channeling water away from the contact patch for improved grip on wet roads. It uses Hutchinson's ElevenSTORM compound which was developed through extensive R & D over a three year period, with the end result being significant improvements to traction, rolling resistance, durability, puncture resistance, and overall comfort compared to their previous tires. Combine ElevenSTORM with the extra traction and compliance you get from running lower tire pressures in a self-sealing tubeless setup, and you've got a tire that delivers uncompromising confidence and control out on the road.
There are two different versions of Hutchinson's tubeless road tires: Road Tubeless and Road Tubeless Ready. This tire is the latter, meaning it can be set up either tubeless with sealant or with inner tubes depending on your preference, whereas the Road Tubeless type is recommended for tubeless use only. The Fusion 5 All-Season Tubeless Ready Tire also weighs less than its Road Tubeless equivalent, as the heavy-duty Kevlar reinforcement is omitted in favor of a lighter Hardskin fabric insert that still provides protection from slices and punctures while saving about 65-grams per tire.
- A tubeless-ready all-season tire with enhanced grip on wet roads
- Grooved tread design channels water away from contact patch
- ElevenStorm compound is fast, tough, & grips well in all conditions
- Increased durability gives you more mileage from every tire
- Can be set up tubeless with sealant, or with inner tubes
- Improved traction and compliance if set up tubeless
- Hardskin reinforcement resists punctures while keeping weight down