Just shake it off.
When foul weather is headed your way, the most logical protocol is to wrap yourself up on the couch and wait it out. But when you've got limited ride hours post-work, or just an all-around drizzly weekend ahead of you, this can mean losing out on base miles and some solid hours on your bike. Instead of curling up with a box of truffles and a bottle of red to wait it out, wrap yourself in your favorite thermal jersey and the Gore Wear C7 Gore-Tex Shakedry Viz Jacket for women. Not only does this intensely lightweight piece excel through the stormy weather, but it packs down to a pocket-sized piece, and weighs in at the miniscule 95-grams, so it won't add weight to your ride, or hinder you from earning your KOM's.
Gore's Shakedry technology is among our favorite rainy weather gear, and here's why: instead of the typical 3-layer protection against water that we see among most waterproof outerwear, Gore only uses two, by skipping the outer most layer, instead letting the elements hit the membrane first, so moisture doesn't have a chance to soak in or sit, and wind is shielded completely. Instead of sitting around feeling damp, just as the name would have you guessing, the C7 Gore-Tex Shakedry shakes off with a quick rustle. To top this off, Gore's designers use a super lightweight polyamide inner fabric that feels lighter than a feather against your jersey underneath, it breathes and allows sweat to escape, without adding noticeable weight to your kit. Its cut slim, to contour to your body and eliminate excessive flapping in the wind, and features bright reflective panels on the ends of both arms, aiding in increasing visibility in nasty weather.
- Ultra-light jacket for braving the storm
- Complete water and wind protection at minimal weight
- Skips face fabric to shed weight and shake off water
- Slices through wind so you can stay warm inside
- Membrane is highly breathable to keep you comfortable
- Hi-viz panels and reflective accents help you be seen in low light
- Cycling cut with drop tail back and a flattering feminine cut
- Back pocket stashes your essentials and protects from water